BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Improvement!

FRIDAY, APRIL 9, 2010 9:23 AM, CDT

Liam had a break-through seizure so they've raised his dose of phenobarbital.

FRIDAY, APRIL 9, 2010 12:35 PM, CDT

Well I got quite a surprise when I got to the hospital (especially since I talked to the nurse before I left the house)...they got in to do Liam's CPT and breathing treatment and discovered his nasal prongs were around his chin. The nurse didn't even know because he was sat-ing 98. So, they're trying him without any CPAP or ventilation! His bed is on 29% oxygen but he has no cannula or anything and he appears to be doing well. This leads them to believe the two "incidents" yesterday were, indeed, seizures.

So, I got to see him for the very first time without a bunch of tape on his face or something in his nose/mouth (except the OG tubes) and he looks EXACTLY like Shane as a baby except with much more hair...

0 comments: